Thursday, January 21, 2010

Rusty Old Tools

The other day I needed to get out some drill bits to complete a home project so, I found my drill bit set and unzipped the container and, OH NO! The bits are rusted. What happened I did not have them in a place where this could cause rust? Well the Spirit of the Lord impressed upon me, temptation in a person’s life is like moisture on these bits. If you were aware the tools were subject to water, you would of course go get a towel and dry them off! You would not just leave the water on them then put them away. Because the moisture (temptation) would cause the tools to rust (sin) if you do not stop at the exposure of the moisture (temptation). So temptation can be used as a trigger to make you move (call upon the Lord) right then and then the rust (sin) will not come in. 1 Corinthians 10:13 allows the way out of temptation.
Cool! I want to use the Word of God when I am tempted. Also I noticed that even when I cleaned off the bits THE RUST CAUSED damage (lives around us are effected, someone is always watching) ! WOW! So even if we repent from a sin, there are ramifications after the sin is committed (rust). God does not want us to go into a temptation but, to use His POWERFUL Word to stop before allowing the sin in our lives. Furthermore think about when I take these old rusted tools (sinful Christian life) to someone and say here is what you can have in your life. Wouldn’t they would look at me and think “this is the best you have to offer me to use? REALLY? This is all I get when I receive Jesus? Rusted tools?
TRUE we come as we are just sinners but after we receive Jesus we are BORN AGAIN and given a NEW NATURE (shinny fresh set of tools). Again If I say hey world I am serving the Most High but I am still just a rusted old sinner failing all the time, what are they going to think? So all I seem to have is a message Come to Jesus here are the rusted tools you can have when you come to him. The world looks at that offer and says NO thanks I do not want the rusted old tools, you guys are strange.
Then the Christian realm says HEY! where are you going and we shove our rusted tools at them again and again and wonder what’s wrong with them why don’t they want to come to Him? With all that said HERE is the option. What if I live a life with His power and stop at temptation? With TVP living you can open up the container to the world and they can see BRIGHT SHINNING drill bits. Gods Holy Spirit is the NEW NATURE! Which one are they going to be drawn to? TVP learn it, live it, share it!

No comments:

Post a Comment